Flashtite the pre-fabricated roof penetration flashing
Roof penetrations are notoriously prone to leaking and causing leaking issues particularly in later years when not completed correctly at original time of install. They can lead to ingress of water and considerable damage given their usual circular nature. Anything circular in nature such as ventilation pipes, TV ariel antennas, Cabling or stands mains electricity. There is usually at least one and often many penetrations on most roofs and the quickest and easiest way to secure these penetrations is with a pre made penetration flashing such as Flashtite https://www.evobuild.com.au/evo-products/building-solutions/flashtite/
Suitable for all types of penetrations up to 150mm width the Flashtite consists of a simple rubber boot melded into a sheet of Wakaflex. The boot comes in 4 different sizes and can be cut to the specific size required. The Wakaflex base is easy to install and the kit comes with additional adhesive strips. They are paintable and are safe to use on any water harvesting system. Flashtites also come with additional nipples on the side of the boot to facilitate optional cables if required such as with TV antennas.
Here is a quick 5 step process that can be completed in minutes by hand with no additional tools and can be seen demonstrated in the video at https://www.evobuild.com.au/evo-products/building-solutions/flashtite/
- Remove the flashtite from the box and place the Flashtite over the penetration to measure the size of the required cut to the rubber boot.
- After cutting to size push down over the penetration
- Remove the central backing protective layer and push into position to secure
- Apply the additional adhesive strip supplied at the top of the Flashtite
- Remove the remaining outer side protective backing paper and press into position moulding to profile